The new paradigm of grand touring.
Introducing the all-new 2018 Kia Stinger. Kia’s GT Concept Car come to life as a true Grand Touring vehicle, complete with rear- or all-wheel drive, luxury amenities, and head-turning design. Unveiled at the 2017 North American International Auto Show and on sale later this year, the Kia Stinger is more than a fastback sports sedan. It’s Kia redefined.
The 2018 Kia Stinger made a striking impression at the North American International Auto Show with two top awards. Cars.com named it Best in Show for its combination of luxury and performance in a sports sedan. It was also recognized with the EyesOn Design award for Production Car Design Excellence. The honor is awarded for the best vehicles making their worldwide debut at the North American International Auto Show.
From concept to concrete.
To bring the 2018 Kia Stinger to life, Kia Motors’ chief design officer Peter Schreyer turned to his design team in Frankfurt. But what makes it authentically gran turismo, a car for a spirited long-distance drive? Years of commitment and passion resulting in bold style, nimble performance, and undeniable luxury.
The exterior, with its fastback silhouette and sleek rear-wheel-drive proportions, exudes disarming confidence. Longer and wider than a BMW 4 Gran Coupe, with a longer wheelbase than the Lexus GS, it delivers elegance and athleticism. From the back, four oval exhaust pipes show and tell a commanding presence even during departure.
Sleek, sophisticated inside.
Intimate yet expansive. Minimal yet luxurious. The cocoon-like interior features aircraft-style spoked vents, metal-ringed gauges, and satin chrome trim. Available ultra-soft Nappa leather covers the deeply contoured seats, and the driver’s seat has available adjustable bolsters for outstanding comfort.
Available Features & Specs
(All specifications are Kia estimates.)
- 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cyl engine, 255 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque
- 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 engine, 365 hp and 376 lb.-ft. of torque
- 2nd-generation 8-speed automatic transmission with 5 drive modes
- Centrifugal Pendulum Absorber (CPA) torque converter
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring Control system (All-Wheel Drive models)
- Brembo® vented disc brakes with quad-piston front calipers and dual-piston rear calipers
- Dynamic Stability Damping Control (DSDC) with 5-Modes
- MacPherson front and multi-link rear suspension
- Rack-mounted Motor Driven Power Steering (R-MDPS) with 5-Modes
- Staggered 19” Alloy Wheels with performance tires
- 55% advanced high-strength steel construction.
- Wheelbase: 114.4 in.
- Length: 190.2 in.
- Width: 73.6 in.
- Driver Attention Alert (DAA), a Kia first
- Forward Collision Assistance (FCA)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Advanced Smart Cruise Control (ASCC)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)